Friday, February 10, 2017

Twelve Days of Valentines Day 9 - Conversation Heart Valentine

Do you remember the boxes of conversation hearts we use to get as kids?  I wish I had saved some of those boxes over the years to compare how the greetings have changed over time.   Last time I had some, they had greetings like "text me" or "call me".  I remember greetings of  "I dig you" and "luv you".  Which greetings do you remember? 

I created today's card using the stamp set that came with January's Paper Pumpkin kit.  I had so much fun!!!  In addition to being able to create cute Valentine treats, I was able to create some really fun cards with this set too.  For this card, I used real red and melon mambo, but I think it would also be super cute using pastel colors like the real conversation hearts. 




Here's what you'll need to create this card:

  • melon mambo cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2
  • whisper white cardstock cut to 4" x 5 1/4"
  • real red ink
  • melon mambo ink
  • Stampin' Up! watercolor pencils
  • aqua painter
Randomly stamp the heart outline and the solid red heart onto the whisper white cardstock.  Using the melon mambo watercolor pencil, color in the outlined hearts, then lightly go over each colored heart with a slightly damp aqua painter (make sure you remove most of the water from the bristles). Once the hearts have dried, use real red ink the stamp your conversation greetings onto the hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment