Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Twelve Days of Valentines #2 - A Valentine Treat


I like reminiscing of my childhood school days when we made or bought Valentines for everyone in the classroom.  Do you remember decorating a bag or box to put all of those fun valentines in?  And then the day finally came where you could open all those small white envelopes with the valentines that had been carefully signed and folded in half by each of your friends.  Along with the valentines came a fun day of treats and, if you were lucky enough, a special treat from your very favorite Valentine.  Oh how I miss those days. 

The treat I am sharing with you today reminds me of something I might have tried to make as a kid.  Probably not quite so fancy, with the designer paper and punches, but as a kid, I really liked crafting things to give to my friends.  I remember cutting out many valentine hearts with red, purple and pink. This treat is simple, made with a 2x2 Ghirardelli chocolate square, but would be sure bring a smile to anyone who would be receiving it.  I plan to make them to give away to my mail carrier, cashiers and neighbors to show my appreciation to them.  I hope you will give it a try too.

Here are the directions, along with an image.  Cut a piece of real red cardstock to 2" x 6 1/8". Score on the long side at 2 7/8" and 3 1/4".  Punch both ends with the scallop tag topper punch (item #133324).  Fold on score lines and set aside.  Cut a piece of your favorite designer series paper to 2" x 6".  I used the 6x6 Sending Love paper Stack from the Occasions catalog (item #142733).  Score this designer paper at 1 5/8", 2", 4" and 4 3/8".  Fold on all score lines.  With the real red cardstock folded on score lines, place a 2x2 Ghirardelli square inside and tie a bow through the holes in the tag topper. Place the piece of designer paper around the treat and adhere along the back where the two ends meet.  Do not place adhesive all around as this piece is intended to act as a belly band only.  You may decorate the front with hearts or stamps.  I used the Sealed With Love stamp set (item # 142815) to decorate mine. 

I hope you will enjoy making these valentine treats.  Stop back tomorrow for a fun valentine card idea. 





No comments:

Post a Comment