Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Stamping with old and new friends




I recently had the opportunity to spend the day with a few friends to talk about our Stampin Up! businesses.  We shared ideas, made cards, had lunch and shared tips to help each other be more successful.   Some of these friends I had not met before, some I have known for some time.   There was no competition between the six of us, even though we are all doing virtually the same thing, just in different places.  We spent the day creating and sharing, and it was so much fun.

One of the things we did at our gathering was a shoe box swap, where everyone brings a card sample, along with items for every attendee to create that card.  The card above was provided by my friend, Frances Wagner. Isn't it beautiful?   The technique is called an eclipse card.   I had seen this type of card before, but I had no idea how it was made.   This particular card uses the Night in Bethlehem stamp set, along with the Large Letters Framelits.  I think the stamping on this card is very simple, yet the technique makes a very bold statement.   As soon as I returned home from our day of stamping, I had to order the large letters to try my hand at designing my own eclipse card.  Stay tuned. 


I am looking very forward to our next meeting, where we can once again stamp as friends and share tips to make ourselves, and each other, more successful in our businesses.  It is my hope that you, too, have friends that you can create with because stamping with friends is always more fun than stamping alone. 


Happy Stamping,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment