Sunday, October 8, 2017

2nd Annual Ultimate Pink Blog Hop


I'm hopping today

Today I am participating in my first ever blog hop.  It's scary and exciting all at the same time.  Don't know what a blog hop is?   A group decides on a topic, ours is the Ultimate Pink Blog Hop.  Then the blog posts have a special button that you will click below where you can "hop" from blog to blog to see what everyone has created that is related to that topic.  Fun, huh? Be sure to click on the links below to check out all of the wonderful Pink Blog Hop creations.

Here is the card I created, along with instructions:



This card was created using the Ribbon of Courage stamp set by Stampin' Up!.  When a demonstrator reaches one million in sales, they get the opportunity to create a stamp set.  This stamp set was designed by Patty Bennett and I love how she included not only a few great greetings and two different ribbons, but also a flower and leaf which makes this stamp set even more versatile.  There are so many great causes that use the ribbon as a symbol, and this stamp set will definitely help us to celebrate those causes.   


Here's what I used to create this card:

  • Ribbon of Courage stamp set (item #143855)
  • Support Ribbon framelits (item #143749)
  • Pick a pattern washi  tape (item #144166)
  • Rhinestone basic jewels (item #144220)
  • Melon mambo card base cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
  • whisper white cardstock cut at 4" x 5 1/4"
  • whisper white cardstock cut at 1 1/2" x 3"
  • basic black cardstock cut at 3" x 1"
  • melon mambo ink, black archival ink

Here's how I created the card:

  • fold the melon mambo card base in half
  • stamp the sending love image using black ink onto the whisper white 3" x 1 1/2" piece
  • stamp the heart images using melon mambo ink
  • cut a banner on the left end of the white piece
  • cut a ribbon using melon mambo cardstock
  • add the pick a pattern washi tape as shown
  • cut a banner in the end of the 3" x 1" basic black cardstock piece
  • attach the two banner pieces as shown, using snail or fast fuse adhesive
  • add the pink ribbon to the card using dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by my blog today.   If you have enjoyed this project, I hope you will consider following my blog so that you never miss a project. 

Stop back tomorrow for Day 3 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas.

Happy Stamping,

Debbie

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you pip. I think we have very similar stamping styles.

      Delete
  2. Debbie, I loved making this card with you yesterday at our Florida SU Demo gathering. (Sunshine SU Demos) I love the clean and simple style tool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Melon Mambo is one of my favorite colors. I had so much fun at our gathering. Can't wait to see you again soon.

      Delete
  3. I love this. Awesome layers and design. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katrina. I love texture and layers.

      Delete
  4. Love the black and white with the pop of Melon Mambo! Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara. Melon Mambo is one of my favorite colors.

      Delete
  5. Oh now that's a lovely card. I love all the layers to it Debbie. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love multiple combinaison/layers !

    ReplyDelete