Wednesday, February 28, 2018

You are Amazing

``


I recently challenged my downline team to create a card with circles. It was their choice of design, but it had to include circles.   So to play along with the challenge, I also created a circle card.  I then took a picture and watermarked my card, which can prove to be a difficult task with the poor lighting I have here in Florida.   I was feeling great!  Challenge complete.   And now, just as I'm typing up this blog post, I realized that I created a whole card stamped with circles, and then I put an oval greeting on the front. ***insert a long sigh here*****   I was going to fix it by stamping a new greeting onto a circle, but then I thought, nah, I'm just going to leave it.  Because, afterall, I'm human too, and sometimes I just don't follow directions.   I suppose I wouldn't need to tell you that I created a challenge, and then the oval would be irrelevant.   Either way, this is the card I created, and I like how amazingly simple it is, but also colorful.  What do you think? 

Here's what I used to create this card:

  • All Things Thanks stamp set (item #143097)
  • Playful Backgrounds stamp (item #141920)
  • Eastern Beauty stamp set (item #143675)
  • Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, Sweet Sugarplum, black ink and smoky slate ink
  • metallic sequins (item #144214)
  • Flirty Flamingo card base cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
  • whisper white card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Stitched Framelits (item # 145372)
  • Layering Oval Framelits (item #141706)

Here's how I created the card:

  • Score card base at 4 1/4" and fold card in half
  • stamp circle images onto the whisper white piece cut at 4" x 5 1/4" using a variety of the ink colorsand stamps listed above
  • stamp the greeting "you are amazing" onto a piece of whisper white cardstock and cut out with the stitched oval framelit.  Cut a scallop oval one size bigger than the stitched oval using basic black cardstock
  • attach the greeting piece onto the black piece and attach to the card front using dimensionals
  • attach iridescent sequins onto the card as shown using glue dots

 
 
How would you like to get a discount on all of your crafting supplies?  Join my Stampin' Up!  team today and pay just $99.00 for $125.00 in product of your choice PLUS choose 2 free stamp sets.  If you would like more information, please contact me at stampitwithdebbie@gmail.com

Thank you for taking time to stop by my blog today.  I hope you will stop back again tomorrow to see what else I have been creating. 

Happy Stamping,

Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment