Friday, March 29, 2019

Tip of the Week- Coloring Images with a Blender Pen



Did you know that even if you don't have markers in all of your favorite colors, but you have ink pads, you can use them to color your stamped images?  This week's Tip of the week involves and ink pad, blender pen and a clear block.  I have created a video for you so that you can see exactly how to do this technique. Click on the image above to watch the video now.

This tip was inspired by a Color Challenge over on my Facebook group called Create With Debbie.  If you would like to take part in that challenge, please Click Here Now to visit my group.  Every 2 weeks I issue another challenge and it really gets me out of my comfort zone of using the same colors all of the time.  I hope that you will join us. 

This color challenge included using the colors Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist and Mango Melody.  It was quite the challenge.  And it pushed me way out of my comfort zone.  I am happy with the way my card turned out and next week, we will have new colors for a new challenge.  Stay tuned.

Here is the card I created:



Here's is how I created the card:

  1. Cut Bermuda Bay to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and score at 4 1/4".
  2. Cut a piece of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock to 4" x 5 1/4".  Stamp this image with the bokeh stamps from the Beauty Abounds stamp set using Lemon Lime Twist ink.
  3. Stamp the "hello" Greeting from the Beauty Abounds stamp set in the lower right corner using black ink
  4. Attach the lemon lime twist stamped piece to the front of the card.
  5. cut a piece of 2017-2019 in color 6" x 6" designer series paper to 2" x 5" and attach to the card as shown.
  6. Cut a piece of Bermuda Bay to 2 1/2" x 4"
  7. Cut a piece of whisper white cardstock to 2 1/4" x 3 3/4".
  8. Stamp the images as show in the picture above using black Staz On ink
  9. Stamp over the images with the bokeh stamp using lemon lime twist (the bokeh image is the one with circle)
  10. Using the ink colors Mango Melody, Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist, color the images using a blender pen
  11. Attach the Whisper White piece to the center of the Bermuda Bay piece and attach to the card as shown using dimensionals.
  12. Add rhinestones wherever you think your card needs a little sparkle.

Stampin' Up! products used to create this card:

  • Beauty Abounds Cling Stamp Set (item #148726)
  • 2017-2019 in color 6" x 6" designer series paper
  • Bermuda Bay Cardstock (item #131197)
  • Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin' Pad (item #147096)
  • Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock (item #144245)
  • Lemon Lime Twist  Classic Stampin' Pad (item #147145)
  • Mango Melody Classic Stampin' Pad (item #147093)
  • Blender Pens (item #102845)
  • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (item #144220)



If you are seeing this post today (Friday) I wanted to remind you that today is the final day to sign up for my Fable Friends Class to Go.  You will receive everything you need to create 6 projects, plus the Fable Friends stamp Set, 5 Stampin' Blends markers, a step-by-step video tutorial and a Sale-a- Bration item of your choice.  RSVP and payment is due by today, March 29th. I would be happy to send you an invoice if you would like to sign up.  Please message me at stampitwithdebbie@gmail.com

I hope that you have a great weekend, and wherever you are, your weather is pleasant.  Spring has definitely arrived here in Michigan, and I couldn't be happier.

Happy Stamping, Friends

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment