Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Gift Tags for your Christmas Gifts

 
 

How are you doing on time this year?  Do you have all of your Christmas shopping done?  This year I had to do a lot of my shopping online because of being away from home.  I have never done so much shopping online as I did this year.  I am not certain how I feel about it.  I don't mind going out for hours, scouring the stores for the perfect gift.  I do mind grouchy people who think they are the only ones in the store who are tired and worn out.  As I have mentioned before, I am always armed with handmade treats that I can give away to help these people to feel more happy.  It really does work. 

I mailed 60 Christmas cards out yesterday. I was feeling very thankful this year that I took my own advice and I purchased my postage stamps online and had them delivered right to my mailbox.  Did you know you can do that?  Just log into USPS.com and create an account.  They usually have a bigger selection of stamps through their online store.  What a great time saver.    The parking lot of the post office was packed.  I was able to find one of the last parking spots, walk in to the self service mail slot, insert my cards and walk out.  Then mark Christmas cards off of my list.

Now onto gift wrapping.  I like to create handmade tags for my gifts and the Stampin' Up! Scalloped Tag Topper punch makes this task super easy.  I selected a few stamp sets, pulled out my designer paper and cardstock and began the task of creating.  I was able to use up lots of my designer series paper scraps because the tags are just 2" wide.  I create a few whimsical ones with the reindeer and the snowman, and a few beautiful ones with the church, house, trees and stockings.   Here are a few of the tags I created:


 
 
 
Creating these tags didn't take long, and I had so much fun making them.  For each tag, I cut a piece of cardstock to 4 1/4" x 2", then inserted one end into the scalloped tag topper and punched.    I used pool party, garden green, whisper white and very vanilla, but you can really use whatever colors match your designer papers.  You will get 10 tags from each 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock.  I used the tag topper to punch the top of the tags so that I could easily attach them to my gifts.   When I used a back ground piece, I cut it to 2" x 2". 
 
The Stampin' Up! Tag Topper punch makes creating tags so easy.
 
I used several stamp sets to create  my tags because I couldn't choose just one.  I used the Hang your Stockings stamp set with matching framelits.  This set was new to Stampin' Up! last year but is still available for purchase.  This is one of my favorites from last year.  
 
 
 

Here are the stamp sets used for creating the gift tags:

  • Hang your stocking photopolymer stamp set (item #142114)
  • Christmas stockings thinlits dies (item #141841)
  • Tag Topper punch (item #133324)
  • Hearts Come Home bundle (item #146068)
  • Father Christmas Clear Mount Stamp Set (item #14215)
  • Card Front Builder thinlits dies (item #144674)
  • Merry Little Labels Clear Mount Stamp Set (item #144795)
  • Seasonal Chums Clear Mount Bundle (item #146077)
 
I wish you peace and calmness this holiday season as you prepare to celebrate with your friends and family.   Make lists to keep track of tasks, and delegate when possible.  And remember, we still have 11 days  and 2 weekends before Christmas is here.
 
Happy Stamping,
 
Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment